Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Welcome!

Congratulations! You have stumbled across this blog-Achievement Unlocked, KNOWLEDGE!

I suppose that I should describe why I think I am credible to provide information to you the reader of this blog. I am currently a music therapy intern having recently finished my coursework in music therapy at the University of Kansas (ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!). I am doing my internship with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Additionally, I was formally diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome/PDD-NOS when I was in the 8th grade. My whole childhood I grew up knowing that I was different and I never fully understood why and what I did to make people not want to be my friend. Through years of being in band, therapy sessions, and retraining myself I have come closer to being "neurotypical," however I Autism will always be a part of who I am.

The "purpose" of this blog is to give my personal insight about what it was like growing up for so long without a diagnosis, living with Asperger's as an adult, and to provide some ideas I've come up with for music therapy interventions.

Thanks for stopping by and if you have any suggestions or specific things you want to hear about let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment